Monday, February 28, 2011

Definitely feeling pregnant

Today I felt as though my torso itself weighed a solid 200lbs, I'm not sure how I'll stand upright once my milk comes in because my boobs already weigh a good 6lbs each... where the heck will I put them!? I'm also fostering multiple belly personalities, yesterday I felt like my insides were falling out if I didn't lay on a pillow, my wonderful husband offered to go out and get me a maternity support band today- love him. Today, I counted down until I could get home into pajamas because I couldn't stand feeling restricted by something around my belly. So now I have a brand new belly support band and want nothing anywhere around my torso- awesome.

I will spare you the joys of my 25-minute interval trips to the restroom, but I fear my plumbing will never be the same. I am already waddling a bit and walking slower and not sure how I'll get any work done in the latter months of this pregnancy- next week I move cubicles and will be across the building from the ladies room. My summer days will be spent commuting back and forth between the restroom and my cubicle, with very little potential for work in between. Really, life would be better if I could just not-work and go waddle over to the treadmill at the gym to waddle in place daily...

I've been feeling baby kick a few times a day for a little over a week now. I have drawn some conclusions from my observations:
1. Baby McDonald LOVES ice cream, red meat, cheesecake, and Jack Johnson
2. Baby McDonald has great taste in food AND music.
3. Baby McDonald agrees with me that John should not spread out on the bed like He-Man flexing in his sleep, we need room.
4. The mommy boppy was the best thing ever, I'm not sure which of us enjoys the pregnancy pillow more.
5. It is no coincidence that Wheel of Fortune is baby's most active TV time slot- not only can my baby identify R, S, T, L, N & E, but it will also be a great word-puzzle solver.

On a more crunchy note, I started reading another book about birth (shocking), about water birth. The first few chapters discuss the harshness of a hospital birth in ways I hadn't thought in-depth about. It mentioned the  contrast of bright hospital lighting to the darkness of the womb, the drastic temperature change from inside mother to 65-68*F hospital rooms, or even colder if it's an operating room. I've heard of Leboyer and the birth without violence bit, but hadn't thought as much as I probably should, looks like I've found my next library book! I look forward to reading the rest of the waterbirthing book. Today I was pondering how waterbirth and hypnobirth will be in unison (I've heard they're quite complementary) and ironically recieved an email from the woman who will be our hypnobirth instructor, it's almost time to schedule our April hypnobirth classes! Time really is flying by! I'm a planner and am hesitant about writing a birth plan because once I start I fear I'll get too committed to an ideal or a rigid plan. I'd like to think I'll labor in water, will I deliver there? Who knows :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment